Speaker Submission Guidelines
Who should apply?
We are looking for experienced speakers (professionals and non professionals alike) with a passion and mission to share their information.
- The Committee’s goal at the Foot Zone Conference is to have top-notch, leaders in their field presenting.
- Proposals may be submitted by individuals of any background regardless of formal credentials.
- Although we feel most of our speakers should be Foot Zone Practitioners, applicants need not be a Foot Zone Practitioner to apply. However, applicants should understand how their class material is applicable to a Foot Zone Practitioner, how it can be utilized during a Foot Zone session, or how the material may be beneficial when working with a Foot Zone client.
- Proposals are welcome from first-time applicants.
To get a feel for what we may be looking for, visit here.
Speaker Application and Class Proposal Forms are combined.
If you are submitting more than one class, there is no need to resubmit your speaker info with each class submission, but be sure to include your name. Keep in mind that some of the information that you provide, like your biography and class descriptions, will likely be published unedited, as you submitted them. Personal information such as email and address will not be public and published, however professional information may be published as noted.
Consent and Agreement
By submitting a proposal you are indicating that you have read and agree to the guidelines and expectations below. Any violation of the agreement may result in non-payment, etc.
The Utah Foot Zone Association was founded in January 2014, with the first conference in October 2014. Our Association was created to provide the opportunity for Foot Zone Practitioners in Utah to qualify as professionals in accordance with Utah State Law, to further the welfare of our profession, and provide opportunities for the Foot Zone community to gather together for mutual edification. We resolve to work together in unity for the benefit of the Foot Zone Community while embracing our diversity and combining our efforts to benefit the trade of Foot Zoning and protect the public by recognizing those practitioners meeting professional standards.
Our goal is to offer our conference attendees very experienced and knowledgeable professionals in their field, presenting on in-depth topics relevant to a Foot Zone Practitioner. The inspiration for the Foot Zone Conference has been growing for some time. As popularity of the Foot Zone Technique began to grow, a large population of Foot Zone Practitioners had a desire to unite, network, and learn from one another. However, as the result of antiquated laws, many Foot Zone Practitioners felt alone and unsupported. Following the passage of HB207 which exempted Foot Zone Practitioners in Utah from massage licensing requirements, it became obvious that the time was right for Practitioners to come together to connect, learn, and grow within their chosen profession. The result was the first ever Foot Zone Conference for all Practitioners, regardless of their Alma Mater, with Stephanie Marcum as our first Chairman and the driving force behind our first conference.
The education portion of our conference contains a Key-Note speaker and break out sessions. Attendees come together the first night of the conference for dinner and to trade zones. There are also Round Table demonstrations where Practitioners share tips, tricks, and techniques with one another. Throughout the conference there is a large open-to-the-public vendor area, where only a very select, mid size group of retailers will be advertising services and products. Presenters are allowed the option of having a vendor space as part of their participation in the conference.
You are welcome to submit class proposals for as many classes as you’d like. We prefer that you submit a minimum of 2 class proposals, however it is not a requirement for acceptance as a presenter. Sessions run 50 minutes in length. You are more likely to have Committee approval if you submit more than one class topic. We will be offering a well rounded variety of subjects at the conference and don’t want an over saturation in one subject area, or a total repeat of the previous year’s conference, so please be aware that we may not be able to accommodate every request.
Please spend some time contemplating what topics you would like to address and complete a Proposal Submission.
The Foot Zone Conference Committee
THE CONFERENCE AT-A-GLANCE
The mission of the Foot Zone Conference is to promote unity within the Foot Zone Community and help Foot Zone Practitioners connect, learn, and grow within their chosen profession.
Demographic: Open to all Foot Zone Practitioners regardless of their Alma Mater, but primarily women ages 25-50
Expected attendance: 400+ Professional Practitioners
Model: 4 – 6 sessions; 50 minutes in length
Vendor space open to participants and public throughout the day
Each presenter will be in a classroom accommodating 100-400 students or more, complete with microphone, table, chairs, whiteboard, and projector. Speakers are welcome to bring their own PowerPoint equipment.
MINIMUM TEACHING REQUIREMENTS
- We prefer you submit more than one topic to present on; however it is not a requirement for acceptance as a speaker.
- You MUST have experience teaching in your field and have a prepared outline for the class and the ability to fill in any ‘dead air’ that may be at the end of class with valuable information. ‘Winging it’ or simply doing a question and answer session is not accepted.
HANDOUTS AND RECORDINGS
- Presenters are not required to have class handouts.
- Presenters will be audio recorded for purchased download from the website after the conference. (See Copyrights Guidelines below.)
COPYRIGHTS ON RECORDINGS
Copyrights to your class recordings are jointly shared. As a speaker, you don’t have to agree to a recording if that is your wish. Even though there is a high demand for audio/video recordings from our supporters, we understand that presented information can be propriety and don’t want to infringe on that and exclude someone from speaking as a result. If you do record, we have the right to sell or offer them as a free promo and no profits given to you as a result of the sale and you also have the right to distribute your personal recording as you wish. Recordings are professionally done and edited and speakers have the option of taking advantage of additional packages offered to you above and beyond the basic video recording we do. Also, you are welcome to do your own recording – audio or video.
All proposals must be submitted online. We are sorry that snail mail or email is not an option for submission.
From Foot Zone Conference Committee
- Acceptance letters will be emailed no later than 3 months before a scheduled conference
- From then on you will hear periodic updates from us regarding your participation.
- You can expect prompt responses from us to all your questions and we will strive to accommodate your requests and needs.
- Registration opens no later than 3 months prior to the scheduled conference and stays open until the night before the conference
- At the conference you will be provided with a room host to assist you in your needs.
- Speakers receive a 25% discount on, and are given priority in regards to, vending, advertising and sponsorship.
- Additionally, all speakers have full access to all downloads from the website after the conference.
- We realize that our speakers may have very busy schedules, but we do ask that you be available by, and respond to our emails within 3 days. We strive to make the questions we have relevant and easy to answer so as not to be an imposition to your busy schedule, but there may be times when we need to communicate with you quickly.
- It is too difficult for us to communicate through any other means than by email, so those who do not use email may need to be excluded from our considerations.
- Please be sure to include all materials required in this submission, or we will be forced to have our small children fill in the blanks, which could be entertaining, but not necessarily informative to our prospective attendees.
- Every year we have dozens and dozens of applications and very little space so please be understanding if your proposals are not accepted.
- If vital information is missing and/or we do not hear responses from you in a timely manner, we will be forced to seek out other speakers to take your place.
- If you have a website, blog or email list, we do ask that you set up a reciprocal link, send out an email to your list, and/or post about the conference on your blog about 1 month before the conference.
- Please refrain from “brochure speak”, infomercials, and product or marketing pitches while presenting. While it is acceptable to mention your product or service during the final 5 minutes of the class, participants are there to learn and not be pitched to.
- Please refrain from preaching about the downsides of mainstream medicine unless that is specifically what your class is about. Additionally, please do not try to convince attendees to live more holistically. Attendees attend the Conference to learn tools to assist them in their Foot Zone business.
- Speakers are expected to appear and check in on-site at least 30 minutes prior to your classes starting.
- Limited Non-Compete Agreement:
In order to ensure the Foot Zone Conference’s demand and quality, we require that you do not speak at another conference or large event (with more than 100 in attendance) within a 200 mile radius of the conference location one week before and one week after the Foot Zone Conference.
Why a non-compete?
A non-compete clause is standard industry practice and really benefits everyone, including you as a speaker. The non-compete ensures that it’s a fresh experience for the attendee if dates are close together for similar events. This eliminates branding conflict as well. If attendees in a particular area see similar, but independent events as ‘one note’, they’ll stop coming altogether. This increases demand as it ensures that the speakers, classes and the over all events are unique.
- Nervous System
- Reticular Activating System
- Reproductive System
- Endocrine System
- Thyroid & Parathyroid
- Circulatory System
- Digestive System
- Lymphatic System
- Skeletal System
- Urinary System
- Excretory System
- Healing Crises
- Hearing’s Law of Cure
- Precautions During the Zone
- History of Foot Zoning
- Advances in the Zone Technique
- Establishing an Online Presence
- Using Technology to Advance Your Business
- Marketing Your Zoning Business
- Understanding Utah Foot Zoning Laws
- Branding Your Business – Choosing a Logo & Creating Presentation Material
- Initial Evaluations/Client Intake Session
- The Role of Foot Zone Therapy in Complementary Medicine
- Business Coaching
- Legal Guidelines for Unlicensed Practitioners
- Taxes for the Home-Based Business
- Music Therapy
- Light Therapy
- Color Therapy
- Gem Therapy
- Energy Systems of the Body
- Chinese Meridians
- Essential Oils
- Flower Essences
- Cell Salts
- Muscle Testing
- Bone Broth
- Cod Liver Oil
- Fermented Foods
- Yeast Overgrowth
- Healthy Fats
- Energy Healing Modalities
- Emotion Code
- Body Code
- Synergetic Cleansing
- Energy Connection
- Jan Graf Stress Mgmt
- Jin Shin Jyutsu
- Facial Diagnosis
- Detox Methods
- Movement Healings
- Tai Chi
- Chi Gong
- Transformational Breathing